home
 > General Survey > Capital of Summer > Historical Transformation
General Surver

Living
Travel
Government
Investment
Historical Transformation
2009-08-12   

  

  

  During the Spring and Autumn Period, Guiyang was originally under the jurisdiction of Zangke Country. In the period of Warring States, it was subordinate to Yelang State and then to Zangke Prefecture in the period of Western Han and Eastern Han dynasties. During the period of the Tang Dynasty, the central government set up Jimi Prefecture in the south of Wujiang River. At that time, Guiyang was subordinate to Ju Prefecture. In the period of the Song Dynasty, Guiyang was called Guizhou. In the 1st year of the reign of Xuanhe (1119), Ju Prefecture was renamed Guizhou. In the 17th year of Zhiyuan Reign of the Yuan Dynasty (1280), a prefecture office named Shunyuanlu Xuanfusi (meaning “consoling protocol department”)was set up and then the name was changed to Xuanweisi (meaning “comforting protocol department”) in the next year. In the 20th year (1283), a commanding department called zhangguansi was set up to administrate Shunyuanlu which was originally subordinate to Sichuan Province and then to Huguang Province. In the 29th year (1292), Departments of Shunyuan and Bafan were combined as one, and a Bafan-Shunyuan Department was set up with its marshal mansion house in Shunyuan City (that is the Guiyang City at present).

  

 

  In the 4th year of Hongwu Reign of the Ming Dynasty (1371), Xuanweisi Department was set up to administer Guizhou (Guiyang at present.) In the 6th year of Hongwu Reign of the Ming Dynasty (1373), Weizhihui Office (meaning Guards Commanding Office) was set up. In the 15th year of Hongwu Reign (1383), Duzhihui Office(meaning Military Governor’s Commanding Office) was set up to administrate 18 guard stations in Guizhou. In the 26th year Guizhou Forward Guard Station was set up. In the 11th year of Yongle Reign of the Ming Dynasty (1413), a Protocol Department of Political Deputy was set up, and then Guizhouwas set up as a province and Guiyang became the center of policy, military, economy and culture. In the March of the 3rd year of Longqing Reign of the Ming Dynasty (1569), Chengfan Prefecture government was renamed as Guiyang Prefecture. In the 14th year of Wanli Reign of the Ming Dynasty (1586), Xingui Countywas set up, subordinate to Guiyang Prefecture. In the 29th year (1601), Guiyang Prefecture was enlarged as Guiyang Forces and People Prefecture. In the 36th year (1618), Guiding County was separated from XinguiCounty, which was still subordinate to Guiyang Forces and People Prefecture. In the 4th year of Chongzhen Reign (1631), Guizhou Xuanweisi Department was abolished and its administrative Shuidong area was separated and subordinated to Kai Prefecture. At the end of the Ming Dynasty, Guiyang Forces and People Prefecture had jurisdiction over Xingui County, Guiding County, Kai Prefecture (that is Kaiyang County at present), Guangshun Prefecture (that is Changshun County at present) and Dingfan Prefecture (that is Huishui County at present), and also administered 4 protocol departments of commanding official.

  In the 16th year of Shunzhi Reign of the Qing Dynasty (1659), Guizhou provincial governor stationed at Guiyang Forces and People Prefecture. In the 5th year of Kangxi Reign (1666), the governor of Yungui also stationed at Guiyang. In the 26th year (1687), Guizhou guard station and Guizhou forward guard station were abolished, and Guizhou County was set up which was in the same city of Xingui County, and the Guiyang Forces and People Prefecture was altered as Guiyang Prefecture. In the 34th year (1695), Xingui County was merged into Guizhu County. In the 14th year of Qianlong Reign (1749), Guiyang Prefecture administeredGuiding County, Longli County, Xiuwen County, Kai Prefecture, Guangshun Prefecture and Changzhaiting (that is Changshun County at present). In the 7th year of Guangxu Reign (1881), Luohuting (that is LuodianCounty at present) was also subordinate to Guiyang Prefecture.

  In the 3rd year of the Republic of China (1914), Guiyang Prefecture was abolished and Guiyang Countywas set up. At that time, Guizhou was divided into 3 Routes, where Guiyang County was subordinated toQianzhong Route (an administrative area). In order to make administration convenient, Guizhu County Office was stationed at Zhazuo and then transferred to Xifeng, named Xifeng County. In the 9th year (1920), theQianzhong Route was abolished and Guiyang County was directly subordinated to Guizhou ProvincialPrefecture. In the 25th year (1936), there were 8 administrative supervising districts subordinated toGuizhou Province, where Guiyang County was the first administrative supervising district. In the next year, Guiyang County was directly subordinated to the provincial government. On July 1, the 30th year (1941), Guiyang County was abolished and Guiyang City was set up. In addition, Guizhu County was stationed at Huaxi. From that time on, there was no any alteration until liberation.

  Guiyang City was liberated on November 15, 1949. Guiyang Municipal People’s Government was established on November 23. An the same time, Guiyang Special Zone was also set up, administering Guizhu, Xiuwen, Kaiyang, Xifeng, Huishui and Longli counties, and the administrative office was located at Guizhu County (Huaxi). In 1952, Guiyang Special Zone was abolished and Guiding Special Zone was set up.

  In 1954, Guizhu County was put under the administration of Guiyang City. In 1958, Guizhu County was abolished. In the suburb of Guiyang City, Huaxi and Wudang districts were set up. Approved by the State Council, Qingzhen, Xiuwen and Kaiyang counties of Anshun Special Zone as well as Huishui County of Qiannan Autonomous Prefecture were put under the administration of Guiyang City. In 1959, Baiyun Town was established which was equivalent to an administrative unit directly subordinate to Guiyang City. In 1963,Kaiyang County was put under Zunyi Prefectural Administrative Commissioner’s Office, Xiuwen and Qingzhen counties under Anshun Prefectural Commissioner’s Office, and Huishui County under Qiannan AutonomousPrefecture. In 1973, Baiyun District was re-established. In 1992, Qingzhen County was renamed QingzhenCity. Approved by the State Council, since January 1, 1996, Qingzhen City and Xiuwen, Xifeng, Kaiyang counties (that is, 1 city and 3 counties) were all put under the administration of Guiyang Municipality. In January 2000, Xiaohe District of Guiyang Municipality was established as approved by the State Council.

 

 
 
Produced By 大汉网络 大汉版通发布系统